Become a Member
Who is At Home on the Sound For?
At Home on the Sound is for residents age 60 and over who live in the Larchmont/Mamaroneck area of Westchester County, New York.
At Home on the Sound is for men and women who want to maintain a productive and independent lifestyle as they grow older. It enables them to live in their own homes in the community they love.
At Home on the Sound is for the children of Larchmont-Mamaroneck residents-whether they live near or far away. It gives them peace of mind knowing that people are there to help as their parents grow older.
At Home on the Sound is for senior adults combating the isolation many experience by providing them with services and programs to enhance their quality or life.
Two Options for Membership
We offer two options for At Home on the Sound Membership: Associate and Full.
Read on to determine which level is right for you.
Full Membership Benefits:
NOTE: We have resumed limited transportation services, but other in-person programs remain temporarily suspended. The health of our members and volunteers is our top priority. Read our safety procedures for ride requests here. Our social programs are now being conducted online.
- Transportation for medical/dental appointments within our area, and local errands and shopping. Our transportation is available Mondays through Fridays, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Beyond Larchmont and Mamaroneck, our service area for transportation also includes White Plains, Harrison, Rye, New Rochelle and Greenwich.
- Discounts and special privileges with many trusted local merchants, service providers and local restaurants
- Social, cultural, and recreational programs including:
- Weekly gentle yoga classes*
- Organized group trips to Broadway shows, Dine-Abouts, museums, cultural attractions, and more*
- Interest Groups such as Current Events Discussion over Breakfast, mahjong, foreign language, Men's Discussion Group, Book Group, knitting group, and more
- Free lectures twice each month on interesting topics and informational sessions on critical issues for seniors
- Access to volunteers for help with grocery shopping and errands
- Referrals to member-recommended providers for jobs not offered by volunteers
- Free home safety assessment
- In home technology assistance
- Phone check-ins; friendly visits
- Referrals to screened social service and health care providers
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Assurance that help and support are only a phone call away: (914) 899-3150
*additional fees apply
Full Membership Annual Fees:
Membership dues for Full Membership are to $410/year for an individual and $550/year for a household.
Through the Lynn Reichgott Membership Fund we offer a reduced annual fee for full members to eligible residents of moderate means. Additionally the Membership Fund covers a percentage of fees and costs for our social and educational programs (Gentle Yoga, Current Events over Breakfast, Dine-Abouts, cultural outings, etc.) Potential members can make arrangements in confidence by contacting the Elaine Weingarten, Executive Director, at (914) 899-3150.
Membership begins on the date you pay your dues and continues for the next twelve consecutive months.
Associate Membership Benefits:
Social, cultural, and recreational programs:
Organized group trips to museums, Dine-Abouts, Broadway shows
Interest groups (Current Events breakfast group, mahjong, Men's Discussion Group, Foreign Language Group, Book Group and more)
Weekly Gentle Yoga Classes
Workshops for Health related issues (diabetese, vision, Medicare Rights, etc.)
Discounts and special privileges with many trusted local merchants, service providers and local restaurants
Opportunities to volunteer in the community
Free programs twice each month on interesting topics and informational sessions on critical issues for seniors
Associate Membership Annual Fees:
Annual dues for the Associate Membership Level are $210/year per individual and $280/year for a household.
Membership begins on the date you pay your fee and will continue for the next twelve consecutive months.
TWO WAYS TO JOIN:
PLEASE NOTE: AT HOME ON THE SOUND MUST RECEIVE A SIGNED MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT FORM PRIOR TO ACTIVATING YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
To join At Home on the Sound online with a credit card, click here and complete our online membership application.
JOIN BY MAIL:
To join with a check, click both of the following two links to download, print, and complete the application and membership agreement forms, then send with your payment to: At Home on the Sound P.O. Box 523 Mamaroneck, NY 10543